Here’s a short list of some of the things it can do for both AERC and AHA sanctioned rides. It runs on a laptop at your ride and can be set up in advance with your pre-entries.
The earlier versions of ERIC V1.8 and V1.9 (now unsupported) are still very useable and can be run concurrently with the newer V2. The databases are not compatible so your rides that used V1.8/1.9 will not appear in V2.
To get a preview of what the program can do for you as a ride manager – view the User’s Manual
To use the program at your ride:
1. Download the ERIC Version 2 Program
This is a large file and it may take a while depending on the speed of your broadband connection.
2. Typically this will be in a downloads folder. Unzip, start setup.exe, and it will direct you through the installation.
3. Also download the “Application Fix.” Unzip this into the C:\ERIC folder that was created, open the ERIC program and click on “Apply Application Fixes.” You may have to put the cursor on the bottom of the frame, click and hold – then drag it down until the “Apply…” shows. You will install fixes 16, 17 and 18.
4. Read the manual before using the program.
5. Before your first ride using the program, enter a small 5 rider test ride and go through all the operations you would in the ride including fees, labels, vet check, entering BC info, printing out check point sheets, awards meeting results etc.
Solving a problem during your ride is not something you want to do. Do this well before your ride so you have time to ask Eric for help at:
Phone 865-986-5966 (H)
6. When you receive pre-entries, put them in the program so you are prepared at the ride.
For those on slow connections, contact Eric Rueter using the above information for a CD. There is a $5 charge for making and shipping the CD.
If you download the program please let Eric know by emailing him that you plan to use it so he can keep track of users for updates.
If you have any questions concerning download or install – email Mike Maul or call 713-725-7776.
1. On or before the 5th of the month – download the import files below.
2. Import following the directions on page 34 of the manual.
Chair, Technical Committee